Barksdale AFB Wives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barksdale AFB Wives

A forum for Barksdale Wives to come and chat about anything and everything Barksdale

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you newish to the airfroce life?

Go down 
+2
Joshs4ever
Mama blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mama blue
Amn
Amn
Mama blue

Are you newish to the airfroce life? Empty
PostSubject: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:55 pm

My hubby and I have been serving, I say me casue I follow him where he gets put there fore I too am Milatary!!LOL we have been in for 15 years and depending on whats about in 5 years time job wise depends if he gets out, we figiured we did 10 years and then got to 15 we may as well get what we can in benifits when we do retire and get something back.
Back to top Go down
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Christian_Women/index.php?s=60b18033
Joshs4ever
Amn
Amn
Joshs4ever

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:16 pm

My dh has been in for 4 years and we just enlisted for 5 more years Smile
Back to top Go down
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:24 pm

My hubby just hit five years in november. We still don't kno if he'll reenlist or not
Back to top Go down
https://bafbwives.forumotion.net
Mama blue
Amn
Amn
Mama blue

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm

theres nt much of an incentive these days to stay in we got to 10 and figured another 5 years wouldnt hurt and now almost 5 more to 20 so we will be old timers!!
Back to top Go down
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:59 pm

well right now he is trying to retrain into contracting which has like a huggeee resign bonus... so if he can retrain into that we are def going to stay in, he just hates his job that he has right now and this base is awful with all of these exercises. so we're up in the air.. lol
Back to top Go down
Mama blue
Amn
Amn
Mama blue

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:27 pm

this is the worse base we have been too hubbys been to more than I and ive been to 3.
Back to top Go down
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:34 pm

eh i kno... we were stationed at McGuire in NJ b4 this and it was no where near this bad!!!
Back to top Go down
kaesgurl
Amn
Amn
kaesgurl

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:32 pm

we're lifers, hubby's been in for 8 and wants to stay in until they make him retire. He use to love his job, but then was forced to crosstrain and we were hoping to go to another base but we got orders back to here, ugggggg. Don't get me wrong I love Barksdale the base, but not the shop he was in, so he volunteered to go to Korea so we could get out of here and away from the people he was stuck with, I will be so glad to get out of here so we can go somewhere new. The AF has definitely changed since my dad was in, we moved every 4 years.
Back to top Go down
~*~Laura~*~
Amn
Amn

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:19 pm

We are lifers too. Adam is coming up on his 6 year mark and he re-enlisted a few months back.
Back to top Go down
martin19

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:56 pm

My husband has been in 15 years and only five more to go till he retires. I don't like it here either. We've been stationed here 5 and 1/2 years.
Back to top Go down
Joshs4ever
Amn
Amn
Joshs4ever

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Mama blue wrote:
this is the worse base we have been too hubbys been to more than I and ive been to 3.
'

Cannon AFB in Clovis, NM is the worst. It's in the middle of no where! They have a walmart, a tiny mall (which is called a hallway becuase it's so small) and about three major restaurants (everytime else is mom&pop places).. and that's all! You have to drive an hour or longer to get to a decent city. It was so boring.
Back to top Go down
Hailey's Mommy
Amn
Amn
Hailey's Mommy

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:24 pm

My hubby has been in 6 1/2 years he is a lifer. This is our 2nd base and we have been here for 3 years now and hoping one day to go orders out of here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you newish to the airfroce life?   Are you newish to the airfroce life? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you newish to the airfroce life?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barksdale AFB Wives :: Air Force Life :: Military Related Questions-
Jump to: