Barksdale AFB Wives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barksdale AFB Wives

A forum for Barksdale Wives to come and chat about anything and everything Barksdale

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what is it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaesgurl
Amn
Amn
kaesgurl

what is it? Empty
PostSubject: what is it?   what is it? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:39 pm

What is it that makes everyone not like being at Barksdale? Most of the posts I have read just about everyone dislikes being here, is it because of the location? People? The shop your hubby is in? distance from home? I was just curious.

The only reason I dislike being here is because I HATED the shop Dh was in, but that is the only reason and since I know we are leaving in Dec '10 i am starting to think of all the stuff I will miss when we leave this base since this has been our home for almost the past 7 years.
Back to top Go down
Mama blue
Amn
Amn
Mama blue

what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is it?   what is it? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:42 pm

the bx is small compaired to even over seas they dnt have good sales its better deals at walmart, my hubbys shop sucks too they have him one week days then the next day mids then swings we cant keep up and these excersiezes my kids forget they even have a daddy! The commasary closes Mondays the food court closes at 4, te bx has no open late shopping nights. The early birds are ok but not always enough to get me up that early an extra 15% off mark downs isnt a good deal to me and then they never includ mark down shoes!!
Back to top Go down
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Christian_Women/index.php?s=60b18033
kaesgurl
Amn
Amn
kaesgurl

what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is it?   what is it? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Mama blue wrote:
the bx is small compaired to even over seas they dnt have good sales its better deals at walmart, my hubbys shop sucks too they have him one week days then the next day mids then swings we cant keep up and these excersiezes my kids forget they even have a daddy! The commasary closes Mondays the food court closes at 4, te bx has no open late shopping nights. The early birds are ok but not always enough to get me up that early an extra 15% off mark downs isnt a good deal to me and then they never includ mark down shoes!!

the original bx was smaller then the one open now and use to stay open later and the food court use to stay open till 8pm.
Back to top Go down
Mama blue
Amn
Amn
Mama blue

what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is it?   what is it? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:54 pm

I think even moody base which is smaller in BX was beter than Barksdale! I have been spoilt in bases
Back to top Go down
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Christian_Women/index.php?s=60b18033
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is it?   what is it? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 4:08 am

there are truly a million reasons i hate it here i swear lol. the drivers SUCK! the exercises kill me, especially when my hubby has to work 12's even though it has nothing to do with his job! the shop sucks. i hate the bx. i hate the clinic. i dunno i dislike the south! i miss new york! lol
Back to top Go down
https://bafbwives.forumotion.net
~*~Laura~*~
Amn
Amn

what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is it?   what is it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:36 pm

There are TONS of reasons. I am just a New Yorker at heart I guess would be the main one. But I am with Kim, I hate the clinic! The Dr's down here drive me nuts. My kids have "asthma" whenever they get a cold or have a cough. Two seasons a year is driving me nuts!!!!! I want all 4 seasons darn it!!!! Once you get stationed here, it seems like you are here FOREVER!!!! Adam's is unhappy at his shop. He was moved to a new one temporarily, and he is bored out of his mind there. But he will be going back to the old shop soon and he was miserable there. And so was I. They were terrible to him there.

I could go on and on and on.... but basically. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with my husband and my kids. We signed up for this, so I will take it as it comes. But, doesn't mean I have to love where we live. As long as we are together.... I am happy and will tolerate the places we go. flower
Back to top Go down
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is it?   what is it? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:33 pm

I know Laura... New York seriously needs an Air Force base Smile lol
Back to top Go down
https://bafbwives.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is it?   what is it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barksdale AFB Wives :: Everyday Life :: Randomness-
Jump to: