Barksdale AFB Wives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barksdale AFB Wives

A forum for Barksdale Wives to come and chat about anything and everything Barksdale

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bottle to Sippy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

Bottle to Sippy Empty
PostSubject: Bottle to Sippy   Bottle to Sippy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:55 am

When did your babies come off the bottle completely? I'm about to start to try n switch my son, but I have a feeling he is going to be very stubborn Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bafbwives.forumotion.net
kaesgurl
Amn
Amn
kaesgurl

Bottle to Sippy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottle to Sippy   Bottle to Sippy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:20 pm

mine have always been off the bottle by 1, I started them at 6 months with the sippy and then cut down on the bottles gradually until they were off of them. But I would give in if they whined for a bottle if they were really tired or sick.

To make it a bit easier, try to find sippys that have the same texture and feel to the nipple of his bottle so it's still familiar to him. We use the Nuk bottles for KJ and they have interchangeable spouts for sippys that we can switch out with the nipples of his bottles, so far he likes them, they have the same texture and feel as the nipples of his bottles and they are nice and soft so they don't irritate his teething gums.
Back to top Go down
lainyboggs
Amn
Amn

Bottle to Sippy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottle to Sippy   Bottle to Sippy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:59 am

when my daughter turned 1, I took away her bottle completely, it made for a few sleepless nights, she went to bed w/ her bottle, but I kept giving her a pacifier (which I'm not sure if I recommend) because now I will have to break that. But it didn't take more than a few days and she was good. My husband was in Korea at the time so I don't regret the pacifier, just prolly won't do it with my next if she isn't a paci baby to begin with. My daughter didn't take a pacifier in the beginning and I would go in there when she was crying and give it to her, one in her mouth and one in her hand for when she lost the first... I wish I could have done the same w/ potty training.. still having problems with that.
Back to top Go down
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

Bottle to Sippy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottle to Sippy   Bottle to Sippy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:02 am

yea, he loves his sippy, he's been taking it since like 5 or 6 months, but he always has to have the bottle @ bed time and nap time. he's 8 months now so i kno that i still have some time but i just don't kno if i can handle the whole letting him cry it out thing. maybe i'll have to start taking it away @ nap times and then gradually work it out @ nite too Sad
Back to top Go down
https://bafbwives.forumotion.net
lainy

Bottle to Sippy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottle to Sippy   Bottle to Sippy I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:57 pm

yeah.. it was hard.. I wasn't sure I could handle it either.. but all in all it wasn't really that bad.. just had to get up several times every night for a bit.. good luck tho.. you do still have plenty of time Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bottle to Sippy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottle to Sippy   Bottle to Sippy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bottle to Sippy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barksdale AFB Wives :: Everyday Life :: Pregnancy and Parenting-
Jump to: