Barksdale AFB Wives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barksdale AFB Wives

A forum for Barksdale Wives to come and chat about anything and everything Barksdale

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dear John By Nicholas Sparks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshs4ever
Amn
Amn
Joshs4ever

Dear John By Nicholas Sparks Empty
PostSubject: Dear John By Nicholas Sparks   Dear John By Nicholas Sparks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:26 am

Has anyone read the book 'Dear John' by Nicholas Sparks?!?! I love the book and on Feb 5 the movie comes out. I'm super excited about it. I've read the book twice and I'm about to read it for the third time.

Here is the description of it from the Nicholas Sparks website:
An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who has captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love—and face the hardest decision of his life.

Heres is the trailer for the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc0ODuEYp5o
Back to top Go down
Samantha87
Amn
Amn
Samantha87

PostSubject: Re: Dear John By Nicholas Sparks   Dear John By Nicholas Sparks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:31 am

I love that book! Well I love all Nicholas Sparks' books lol I can't wait to see the movie, I think I'm gonna read the book again before it comes out. Oh and it doesn't hurt Channing Tatum is in the movie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joshs4ever
Amn
Amn
Joshs4ever

PostSubject: Re: Dear John By Nicholas Sparks   Dear John By Nicholas Sparks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:37 am

I love his books too. 'Last Song' is also coming to theaters.. I don't know when though. I have to read it before it comes out.. It's the only book of his that I haven't read. but the down side to the movie is that Miley Cyrus is playing one of the main roles Sad I <3 Channing Tatum Smile

Samantha87 wrote:
I love that book! Well I love all Nicholas Sparks' books lol I can't wait to see the movie, I think I'm gonna read the book again before it comes out. Oh and it doesn't hurt Channing Tatum is in the movie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Samantha87
Amn
Amn
Samantha87

PostSubject: Re: Dear John By Nicholas Sparks   Dear John By Nicholas Sparks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:44 am

[quote="Joshs4ever"]I love his books too. 'Last Song' is also coming to theaters.. I don't know when though. I have to read it before it comes out.. It's the only book of his that I haven't read. but the down side to the movie is that Miley Cyrus is playing one of the main roles Sad I <3 Channing Tatum Smile

Ehh, I'm not a huge Miley fan! That's his only book that I haven't read also, I'll have to go get it! I hope they make 'The Lucky One' into a movie. I'm not sure if you read a lot, but if you do you should check out paperbackswap.com, you just list old books you don't want and mail it for free when someone requests one, and then you get a credit for a free book. I have gotten a few brand new hardbacks from there.
Back to top Go down
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

PostSubject: Re: Dear John By Nicholas Sparks   Dear John By Nicholas Sparks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 am

i've had the book for forever... and i just started reading it lol... i really wanna see the movie Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bafbwives.forumotion.net
Joshs4ever
Amn
Amn
Joshs4ever

PostSubject: Re: Dear John By Nicholas Sparks   Dear John By Nicholas Sparks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:53 am

Quote :
Ehh, I'm not a huge Miley fan! That's his only book that I haven't read also, I'll have to go get it! I hope they make 'The Lucky One' into a movie. I'm not sure if you read a lot, but if you do you should check out paperbackswap.com, you just list old books you don't want and mail it for free when someone requests one, and then you get a credit for a free book. I have gotten a few brand new hardbacks from there.

I love 'The Lucky One.' I'm actually re-reading it right now. lol. I love to read, but I'm really picky but what I read. Nicholas Sparks is really the only author I've really liked. That website sounds pretty cool. but I keep all the books I buy. LOL I love to re-read them. My office is going to be full of book shelfs soon.. hehe
Back to top Go down
jessesgirl24
Admin
Admin
jessesgirl24

PostSubject: Re: Dear John By Nicholas Sparks   Dear John By Nicholas Sparks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:17 pm

I love 'The Lucky One.' I'm actually re-reading it right now. lol. I love to read, but I'm really picky but what I read. Nicholas Sparks is really the only author I've really liked. That website sounds pretty cool. but I keep all the books I buy. LOL I love to re-read them. My office is going to be full of book shelfs soon.. hehe[/quote]

i just watched the preview for this... ehhh... lol the movie looks so good but miley reallllly irks me Smile lol... i didn't realized how much until i watched the trailer lol
Back to top Go down
https://bafbwives.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear John By Nicholas Sparks   Dear John By Nicholas Sparks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear John By Nicholas Sparks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barksdale AFB Wives :: Everyday Life :: Entertainment-
Jump to: